Pears are wonderful fruits, and as sweet as they are, sometimes it gets monotonous to eat them on their own. So here are two recipes that give you the benefits of pears while being delicious and extremely simple.
1. Baked Pear Fruit with Cinnamon
- 3 Ripe pears
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats or equivalent ground flaxseed, quinoa flakes, or chia seeds to fit your vegan or paleo diet
- 1/4 cup Chopped almonds
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon sugar or coconut sugar, or honey
- 2 tbsp Melted butter, or coconut oil
Before prepping, you must preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
After the first step, combine the dry ingredients, oats, ground cinnamon, sugar, almonds, and salt, in a bowl.
After that, pour in half of your melted butter or coconut oil and mix until combined.
Next, cut your pears in half and scoop out a tiny portion from the middle, where the seeds are.
Spoon your mixture into the centre of the pears.
Bake the pears for 35 to 40 minutes or until they are soft and lastly, enjoy.
2. Pear Smoothie
- 1 Ripe pear (chopped and seeded)
- 1 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fresh, peeled, and minced ginger
- 1 tsp Honey or maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
Whisk the chia seeds and milk together. Please keep them in the refrigerator to set them for 10 minutes in a bowl.
While the chia seeds gel up, you can place the other ingredients in your blender.
Please take out the chia seed-milk mixture and give it a good whisk before pouring it into your blender with the other ingredients
Blend the mixture on high power for 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture is entirely smooth and lastly, enjoy your zesty smoothie.