In case you are looking to add jamun to your diet, but not sure about the different ways to consume it, then here are 2 simple jamun recipes you could try out right away.
#1 Jamun Fruit Juice Recipe
Consuming jamun in the form of a fruit juice is one of the easiest things you could do. This is one of the best ways you could include jamun in your diet, especially if you’re looking to lose weight.
- 1/4 cup jamun pulp
- Jaggery powder to taste
- 2 cups chilled water
- A large pinch chilled water
Start by scraping out the pulp from the seed
Add all the pulp into a blender
Start blending the pulp, jaggery powder, chilled water, and black salt.
Pour into large glasses and serve immediately
- For sweetness, instead of jaggery powder, you can use honey, sugar, or any type of sweetener that you prefer
- The jamun juice should taste a bit sour, so add the sweetener accordingly
- You can either have the juice as it is or strain it before serving
#2 Jamun Chia Pudding Recipe
This is another easy and no-cook recipe using the combination of jamun and chia seeds that are delicious.
- 10 big jamuns
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- As required Honey
- 1.5 cup coconut milk
- Nuts or seeds to garnish the dish
Take a big bowl and add in the chia seeds, coconut milk, and honey. Mix all the ingredients to combine well
Now, let the mixture sit for about 4 hours or till the chia seeds swell up well. You can even leave it in the fridge overnight
Remove all the pulp from the fruit and puree it
Mix one part of the jamun puree with the chia seed mix and combine everything well
Take one portion of the chia seed mixture in a glass or bowl and top it with a little bit of the jamun fruit puree
Garnish it with nuts or seeds of your choice
Repeat the same for the second serving
- If you do not want to use coconut milk, you can use any milk of your choice
- A little bit of fresh yogurt can also be added
- Instead of honey, you can use a sweetener of your choice