1. Grapefruit, Apple, and Pomegranate Salad
This healthy fruit salad can be the perfect way to start your day.
- 2 cups Red grapefruit slices
- 1 cup Chopped apple slices
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate arils
- 1/2 tbsp Seeded and minced serrano chile peppers
- 1 tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp Organic honey
- 1 pinch Flaked sea salt
Mix the grapefruit and apple slices in a bowl. Then, sprinkle in the pomegranate and minced chile peppers.
In a separate bowl, combine the lime juice and honey.
Pour the dressing over the salad and sprinkle the salt
- Due to the salad’s high-fibre content, it aids weight loss.
- The citric acid present in the salad helps reduce the formation of calcium oxalate kidney stones.
- The vitamin A present in the grapefruit helps improve vision and eye health.
- Apples also promote good gut health since they contain pectin, which acts as a prebiotic.
- Pomegranates have anti-inflammatory properties and thus, can help treat arthritis
2. Egg Salad
This healthy protein salad is a great salad option for non-vegetarians who want to start incorporating salads into their daily diet.
- 5 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 tsp Sumac
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Avocados
- 1 Cucumbers
- 1 Onions
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
Make hard-boiled eggs in your preferred way, and let them cool.
Slice the eggs and put them in a medium-sized bowl.
Season with salt, pepper, ½ teaspoon of sumac, and one teaspoon of Aleppo pepper. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil over it. Toss gently to combine these ingredients.
In a separate bowl, mix the sliced tomatoes, avocados and cucumbers. Mix in the chopped onions as well.
Season with salt, pepper, ½ teaspoon of sumac, and ½ teaspoon of Aleppo pepper. Add the lemon juice and remaining olive oil to it. Gently toss to combine.
Combine this mixture with the egg mixture and gently toss it together.
- Due to the high-fibre and high-protein content, it promotes satiety and helps you lose weight.
- Eggs lead to increased HDL (“good”) cholesterol, which helps reduce many other diseases.
- Avocados are rich in fibre, leading to the growth of healthy bacteria, thereby promoting good gut health.
- Cucumbers contain beneficial antioxidants that help prevent the build-up of free radicals and may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Eggs are rich in two specific antioxidants, lutein and zeaxanthin, which help promote good eye health.