Move over aerobics, aqua aerobics is here.
Water aerobics is gaining in popularity in India but not enough is known about this form of exercise. Why should you choose it instead of a traditional gym-based exercise plan?
Syd Hoffman, health and wellness educator and author of All-Day Energy: 100 Ways to Boost Your Energy…Now!, has said that that water walking and water aerobics is “75 percent gentler on joints”. It provides you with a full-range cardio workout with no delay of muscle soreness.
But that’s not the only reason you should try an aqua aerobics workout. We give you seven reasons to sign up for a class.
- It provides added resistance:Research has shown that movement in water offers 12 to 14 percent more resistance than in air, which means that your muscles get a better workout in the water.
- It tones the upper half of the body:Aerobic exercises in the gym tend to focus on muscles in the lower half of the body. But natural that you have a well-toned butt, thighs and legs What of your upper body, though? Exercising with water at upper chest level will tone your upper torso and arms in a manner similar to swimming.
- It works against gravity and add strength:In the water, gravity doesn’t work the same way on your body as it does on land. On land, gravity pulls muscles in one direction; in water, gravity faces resistance and works on muscles from two directions. This helps enhance strength and endurance.
- It helps you torch calories:It’s true! A person who weighs 75 kg can burn 272 calories in one hour when exercising in water. Water-based exercises are said to help you burn 30 percent more calories than if you were to do the same workout on land.
- It makes it easier to be flexible:If you can’t be flexible, no matter how many yoga classes you’ve taken, try an aqua aerobics session. The lack of gravity makes it easier to move your joints through their full range of motion in water without stressing them.
- It’s gentle on your joints:The fact that water aerobics is the exercise that’s gentlest on your joints makes it the best choice for those who are overweight, have arthritis, suffer from back problems or have had a stroke. It’s also recommended for people with diabetes and heart A person who finds land-based exercise tough may find his exercise fix in the pool.
- It’s for everyone:If you were thinking that aqua aerobics is ideal only for the sick and elderly, think again. Athletes who are in training and those who fear injuries can also adopt this workout with minor tweaks. Is Water running sessions or plates, anyone?
[symple_button url=”https://healthifyme.onelink.me/2285251819?pid=Blog_Post&c=Sign_Up&af_dp=hmein%3A%2F%2Factivity%2FPlansv2Activity&af_web_dp=http%3A%2F%2Fhealthifyme.com%2Fhome&af_force_dp=true” color=”red” size=”medium” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Get fit with HealthifyMe. Sign up here[/symple_button]